1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Hi there!

I hope all the Mother's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day today and felt loved and appreciated by those around them!

Today I have a Mother's Day card that I made for one of the Mother's in our family. If you have been reading my blog lately you would have noticed that I like to co-ordinate my gifts, cards and wrapping. Today's post is another example.

My card was inspired by a duo of cards that I had pinned on 'Pinterest'. The first one here, by the ever so talented Monika Davis over at 'M.A.D stamper'. I just love everything that Monika does, she is always such an inspiration. The second card can be found here, over at 'Lily Beans Paperie'.

I decided to go with a colour scheme of Crumbcake, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Pool Party. A favourite colour combo of mine at the moment, and inspired by Monika's card. Such pretty colours, that look stunning together.


I have used the gorgeous SU! Lace Border Punch, to punch the Whisper White band across the middle of the card. I embellished the card with some Basic Pearls, Twitterpated buttons, Baker's twine, a doily and some washi tape.



I used a square punch to cut the tails for my bunting flags. I can't believe I only discovered this technique not too long ago and have been hand cutting mine prior to that! Duh!

I even hand stitched the sentiment bunting to the card with some Baker's Twine. I love the stitched look on cards, but have never had the patience or the courage to do so! So I thought I would start the easy way with some hand stitching and work my way to some machine stitching!!! We will see. Hehe.


I wanted to add many small details to the card, so that each time you looked at it you noticed something different, without going overboard.


I was very happy with the way this card turned out. I am just so in love with this colour combo! While I was at it, I decided to make a matching bookmark to co-ordinate with this card. My Mother-in-law loves to read, so I thought this would be a great match.


Here are some pictures of the gift all wrapped up and ready to go.



Aren't you just in love with SU!'s new Pool Party Seam Binding? Yum! So soft and pretty.

Thanks for stopping by today. Please feel free to leave a comment and ask any questions.
Happy Mother's Day!!

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!