1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Anniversary Owls

Friday, August 5, 2011

Anniversary Owls


Hi there!

Sorry for the lack of blogging over the few days, I have had little time to blog or create over the past week. I was busy with our open day concert at school, and now I once again have a sick child. She is resting in front of the TV at the moment so that I can post this and hopefully start on my list of 5 cards and a gift that should have been complete yesterday.

The card I have to show you today was made for my grandparents for their 60th Wedding Anniversary! Can you believe it, 60 years married! I wanted to make something special, and decided on some love bird owls. I tried to give it a bit of a vintage look as well.


What do you buy a couple who has been married 60 yrs! So I looked online to find the gift for a 60 yr anniversary and found that it was diamonds! As much as I love my grandparents, I can't afford diamonds,  plus I'm not sure my grandfather would appreciate diamonds all that much! :)

So I decided on a special card, and asked my florist to make me a vintage looking bouquet in colours to match my card. I also asked her to add some bling to the arrangement, and there I had some diamonds! My grandmother loved them both, which is most important.

Here is  close up of my love bird owls.


I decorated  the inside quite plainly as I wanted to leave enough room to write a special message!


I really should be off to start on my list of creations. I hope you are all having a lovely day!

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Love Defined.
Cardstock/ DSP:  Crumbcake, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Brights DSP stack, Elegant Soiree DSP
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Crumbcake
Markers:
Accessories: Owl Punch, Rhinestones, Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Bakers Twine, Flower and Leaves (own stash)

Please contact me if you require any info and feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!