1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Trim the Tree

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Trim the Tree

Hello there!

Today I have a Christmas card for you. That's right, you read correctly, Christmas! I know it is early, but a friend of mine asked whether I would be making any Christmas cards to sell. She wants them quite early so that she can be organised to send them overseas. So I thought I would start now and slowly make some throughout the year.

My first card was inspired by Iwona's Saturday Sketchbook Challenge #20.


I had some Christmas sets from last year that I hadn't inked up yet, so I pulled them out and inked away. This card was made using the Jolly Holiday DSP and the Welcome Christmas Stamp Set.


I inked the edges and used some Basic Pearls to match the vintage feel of the tree trimming image. The sentiment comes from the Gifted set. I punched the middle of the image out using the Large Oval Punch.

I used the wreath image to give some interest to the card base.


I decorated the inside of the card, using a strip of DSP and some Certain Celery CS. I find Old Olive quite dark to write on, so I chose a lighter shade for the inside.

 
The sentiment comes from Occasional Quotes. I stamped the Vanilla CS on the inside in the same fashion as the card front.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Occasional Quotes, Gifted, Welcome Christmas
Cardstock/ DSP: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Jolly Holiday DSP
Inks: Crumbcake, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Markers:
Accessories: Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Large Oval Punch

Please contact me if you require any info and please leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you come back very soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful design! I love traditional Christams colours, you pulled it out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!