1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Summer Fun for Monkey Challenge 63

Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Fun for Monkey Challenge 63


I am very late with this post! School holidays have kept me preoccupied.

This week over at A La Card Monkey the challenge is Summer Fun.Their brief is:

create a project that says Summer to you, along with this sketch - any shape layered over four rectangles on the card front. Feel free to place the words wherever you think they look best.


Here is the sketch that went along with the Summer Fun theme.



I found this quite tricky to start, as over here in Australia we are in the middle of winter. But I got to thinking and decided to make an ICE CREAM card! What else says summer more than ice cream right?!


I have used my all time favourite Sweet and Sour Specialty DSP. I will miss this when the new catalogue arrives! I do have an unopened pack in my stash though! I also used the new Build a Cupcake Punch to make my ice cream.

I have sprayed the ice cream with Champagne Shimmer Mist and the cone was used with the use of the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I must credit the lovely Di Barnes for showing me this ice cream. (Hi Di!!)

Well this challenge is going to close in 1hr and 40min as I type this. If you are a super quick card maker (hehe) join in, or just go over, have a look and share some comment love. 

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: So Happy For You (sentiment)
Cardstock/ DSP: Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, Sweet and Sour DSP
Inks: Melon Mambo
Markers:
Accessories: Sticky Backed Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Doily Die (own stash), Sticky Backed Pearls, Build a Cupcake Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Champagne Shimmer Mist

Please contact me if you require any info and please leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. What a great card Sarah. Love the ice crea. Great colors and textures. The sketch work well for this card. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet card Sarah, no pun intended, l love your ice-cream! very cute & clever, the doily is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!