1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Grunge Rock Extreme Guitar

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grunge Rock Extreme Guitar

Hi there!

Today I have two similar cards to show you. The first card is a CASE, except mine is a little dirtier, more sponging and distressing. The second is a slight variation of the first. I am sure that I CASEd this from Kristy Brown, but I have searched and searched her blog and can not find it!! If I remember where I saw it I will let you know.

I first came across this card when searching for inspiration for a card for my 11 year old nephew, Jesse. As I've said before I'm not great with boy cards and don't have many suitable stamps. When I saw this I knew it would be perfect as Jesse plays the guitar and it is perfect for the age group as it is grungy and cool.


I pressed the chipboard stars into the stamp pads to colour them.



I have used Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Whisper White and Riding Hood Red. The stamp set is Grunge Rock with Extreme Guitar used inside.


The second card is very similar but is a simpler version and uses Extreme Guitar on the front.


I think these are pretty cool, and I'm happy with how they turned out. I love the sketch and plan to use it as inspiration for some more cards.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Grunge Rock, Extreme Guitar
Cardstock/ DSP:  Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Inks: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Basic Grey
Markers:
Accessories: Chipboard stars (own stash), Rhinestones (own stash)

Please contact me if you require any info and feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Love the colours, and I especially like the first card, with all its 'dirty' grunginess!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!