1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Faux Silk

Monday, May 16, 2011

Faux Silk

I saw the faux silk technique and this beautiful card over at Mamma Mo Stamps. I just had to replicate it, as it was so beautiful. Making a few changes, I made this card for my mum for Mother's Day.


I used Pretty in Pink and Early Espresso card stock. The background stamp is the same one that Maureen used, I love it! It is the cherry blossoms branch from the Easter Blossoms set. I think Maureen may have put white card stock behind her tissue paper, but I liked the pink showing through. I used pearls on my card and added the pearl brad to the bow. I coloured the flowers in with a Pretty in Pink marker, which isn't really visible in this photo. The sentiment is from Well Scripted and was punched with the new decorative label punch in the Autumn-Winter Mini.

Here is a close up of the detail:



I decorated the inside quite simply, repeating the cherry blossom branch, the Scallop Trim border and a few pearls.


I hope all of the Mothers out there had a lovely Mother's Day.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Easter Blossoms, Well Scripted
Cardstock/ DSP: Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Inks: Early Espresso
Markers: Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, White tissue paper, Decorative Label Punch, Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Sticky Backed Pearls, Pearl Brad (own stash)

Please contact me if you require any info and feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hi S
    My you've been prolific! I think this one's my favourite - you really have a way with this set....& many more too :0)
    Hope to catch up you soon.
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL card! I'll bet your Mum loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sarah. The faux silk panel is stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!