1.0 Sarah's Stamping Style: Flown the Coup

Monday, February 28, 2011

Flown the Coup



I'm back. Four days in a row not bad!
This blogger software is great. It lets you look at stats for your blog, it even shows you where in the world your blog viewers are. I was surprised to see views from Germany and Canada! It doesn't take long for things to get around these days. I guess that's why they call it the World Wide Web!
Well as promised today's card does not contain any birdys! I have seen this paper lace look around blog land and decided to give it a ago. I am quite pleased with the result and hope the recipient is as well. I think this card really suits their style. As soon as I sat down to make this 'thank you' card I knew this was the time to try this technique.



I started by using a variety of border punches to create my lace, then layered them onto the card. I'm not sure how well it shows up in the picture, but about halfway down I punched both sides of the cardstock to make a double sided lace.
I then stamped two butterflies from the Bliss set, using the rock and roll technique. I hand cut them, mounted them onto dimensionals and added my favourite little touch of BLING.
I have used some Pretty in Pink satin ribbon to make a double bow and have fastened it using a Rhinestone Brad. The sentiment if from the hostess set Afterthoughts. I have only inked up the word thanks, using a Pretty in Pink marker and punched out the word using the Large Oval Punch. I then layered the sentiment onto a tag from the Lots of Tags Sizzlit Pack. Love that Big Shot!



I have decorated the inside also, using two more strips of my paper lace and a butterfly. The sentiment is from another hostess set, Occasional Quotes, which I have stamped in Pretty in Pink and have punched with the Curly Label Punch.

If you have any questions about this card, or anything else Stampin' Up! related, don't hesitate to contact me.

Materials:
(All SU unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets: Bliss, Afterthoughts, Occasional Quotes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Accessories: Clear Rhinestones, Satin Ribbon (Pretty in Pink), Rhinestone Brad, Curly Label Punch, Scallop Trim Border, Scallop Edge Border, Eyelet Border


Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love. It always makes my day!